Sunday, August 08, 2004

inauspicious start

"money crushing machine" is an epithet that my dad used to describe me. I'm not sure if it was a specific purchase (college?car?) or just general anguish over how expensive it is to raise a child. I was probably pretty offended by it at the time, but now I kind of like it, and in fact changed my email username in grad school to "money crushing machine". It goes without saying that I forgot that I had done it and emailed my professors with the modified username when trying to set a date for my defense.

Anyway, this blog will be about expat life in france (no, not paris), science, rock climbing, the little joys and indignities of everyday life etc etc. I am hopelessly self conscious, so every post will probably be edited twenty times and still be unreadable.

No comments:

life in Grenoble, France as an expat postdoc
life in Grenoble, France as an expat scientist
life in San Francisco, CA as a biotech nerd life in Grenoble, France as an expat scientist

Blog Archive

Popular Posts