Monday, January 23, 2006

Cable Graveyard

I'm a cable pack rat. Things were better for me in France when I knew I couldn't accumulate too many bits and pieces, but since I've been back in the US, I've reverted to my old ways. The problem is that I've had a big box of cables that I've been carting around since college with all sorts of cabulature in it; it has been living in my parents garage for the last 4 years, so clearly most of the cables aren't really necessary (I also have my Power computing powertower pro in there, and an ancient powerbook 520c in drawer). Anyway, there was the usual fare: many Ethernet cables, RCA cables, RCA to stereo min (somehow I had like 6 of these!), coax, USB, firewire, 2 wire telephone, 4 wire telephone and on and on. However, there were also some really funny things in there which I've documented below. Test your computer savvyness (or age as it might be) by identifying them. Answers are in the nonworking rollovers at the bottom.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9

No comments:

life in Grenoble, France as an expat postdoc
life in Grenoble, France as an expat scientist
life in San Francisco, CA as a biotech nerd life in Grenoble, France as an expat scientist

Blog Archive

Popular Posts