Sunday, August 08, 2004

why

I moved to France two and a half years ago with my girlfriend. When I got here, I spoke no french at all, and when I asked my new lab if they had any program to learn French, they responded firmly in the negative. When I found a school and asked my lab for some financial support (it cost 500 euro) they again responded firmly in the negative. I wont say that this experience set the tone for my next two years in the french research system, but .. ok maybe I will.


Anyway, there were a lot of times that I thought a blog would be a nice place to vent/pontificate/bitch and moan, so I have finally just set one up. I guess I have some catching up to do.

No comments:

life in Grenoble, France as an expat postdoc
life in Grenoble, France as an expat scientist
life in San Francisco, CA as a biotech nerd life in Grenoble, France as an expat scientist

Blog Archive

Popular Posts