Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Best car show ever!

a friend sent me a link to a video in which some dudes attach a rocket engine to a bike.  It was entertaining, but fortuitously at the end there was a link to a video on "How to turbo your car" .  Being a long time turbo enthusiast, I couldn't resist clicking on it and found a fantastic new (to me) car show.  Don't get me wrong:  I love Top Gear, but their "idiot car guy" schtick is starting to wear thin, even if Clarkson is still very entertaining.  Also, I am kind of getting tired of looking at "films", as they like to call their little video clips, of impossibly expensive hyper cars.  That's a big part of the appeal of this new show.  It's just a couple of very enthusiastic, hilarious and skilled Aussies who show people how to modify cars in various ways.  Their latest feature was a how-to guide for turboing a mazda Miata.  There's a guy that they call the Turbo Yoda, who welds them together a new exhaust manifold!  Anyway, I love the show, even if I will never do anything like that to our Honda.  Old dog, new tricks after all.  The show is called Mighty Car Mods.





Many more on their channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/mightycarmods?feature=watch

extra points for them being Australian, because Aussies are the best!

No comments:

life in Grenoble, France as an expat postdoc
life in Grenoble, France as an expat scientist
life in San Francisco, CA as a biotech nerd life in Grenoble, France as an expat scientist

Blog Archive

Popular Posts