Thursday, August 09, 2012

Brantes, Buis again

I rode a small loop to Ferassieres, then back via Aulan this morning. It felt good to shake the legs out a little. No video camera this time -- just an early-ish ride through the lavender and hayfields!


Next: we all drove to Buis-les-Baronniers via the col de Fontaube (yet another nice looking road that I would like to take my bike on) and had a very sloooooow lunch at a pizzeria in the arcade along the Place du Marché.

By this time, everything was closed, so we headed back to the cars and drove to Brantes -- a beautiful village perched on the hills above the Toulourenc. Zoe and I walked around a little, but it was very un-Kenji friendly (steep cobbled streets) and Alex had fallen asleep in the car, so it was soon time to leave. I had another "I wish I was on my bike" moment



And then we drove to Savoillan, because the Gite owner had mentioned that there was a boulangerie there which was run by a Japanese woman. It was unfortunately closed, so we returned to Montbrun, where it was time for another nice meal at Chez Paulette






No comments:

life in Grenoble, France as an expat postdoc
life in Grenoble, France as an expat scientist
life in San Francisco, CA as a biotech nerd life in Grenoble, France as an expat scientist

Blog Archive

Popular Posts