Saturday, February 18, 2012

Planfay

Rode up to Planfay. On the descent, I encountered this:



which had apparently fallen onto the road after I passed this particular road cut. Happily, it did not fall on me during my descent!


Shortly afterwards, I was at an intersection waiting for a light (yes, occasionally we cyclists wait for lights!) and my foot got jammed behind my wheel. This is known as wheel overlap, and really sucks. The result was that I fell over, much to the amusement of everyone who was nearby. Of course, after I got up and dusted myself off I saw a friend from work just down the road, who had witnessed the whole embarrassing incident.

Later on, I saw this along the road




Not good. It looked like it had happened a while ago, and crew was there getting ready to pull it out of the ditch.

No comments:

life in Grenoble, France as an expat postdoc
life in Grenoble, France as an expat scientist
life in San Francisco, CA as a biotech nerd life in Grenoble, France as an expat scientist

Blog Archive

Popular Posts