Sunday, February 26, 2012

Peuil

I did another fun ride with Hank today -- this time to Peuil, where we have gone bouldering many times. I always thought that the road up there might be a nice ride, and it turned out that Hank had done it before. We parked around espace Comboire, took the beautiful new pedestrian/cycle bridge over the Drac to the golf course, and we found ourselves on the climb in a matter of minutes. My legs didn't feel great after two days of riding, but eventually they loosened up. When we got onto the Peuil climb, I was definitely suffering; it's steep, but beautiful at this time of year. Because there are no leaves, you can really see a lot more than you would in the Spring and Summer. In any event, the weather was beautiful and we reached the top in good form. I actually felt kind of sorry when we hit the dead end because I wanted more climbing. From there it was a short descent to a bridging dirt road to another red pumice stained road, and then back to the col de Cossey. There was a strong cross wind along the col, and I was getting thrown around like a leaf. It can really feel exposed out there sometimes on a bike.

No comments:

life in Grenoble, France as an expat postdoc
life in Grenoble, France as an expat scientist
life in San Francisco, CA as a biotech nerd life in Grenoble, France as an expat scientist

Blog Archive

Popular Posts