Sunday, June 19, 2011

Papa's day!

Today I awoke to Zoe bringing me a present wrapped in blue construction paper that she had made at school. It was a book about planting things (candies, musical notes, words, kisses, crayons) and the kinds of trees that grew out of them. When you plant a candy wrapper, a bonbon tree apparently grows out of it! It was beautiful, and quite honestly one of the best gifts I have ever received. She had apparently also been rehearsing it in school, so despite not really being able to read, she was able to recount most of it to me (stopping every once in a while to tell me that the book was "verrry special!". I think most of us have had moments like this described to us by friends and family, but it turns out to be one of those intensely personal experiences that defies description. Suffice it to say that I was overcome with emotions and ended up getting a little teary.


Later on, I went for a mega ride into the chartreuse: 80km and 1900 vert meters of elevation gain. I was pretty tired by the end.

No comments:

life in Grenoble, France as an expat postdoc
life in Grenoble, France as an expat scientist
life in San Francisco, CA as a biotech nerd life in Grenoble, France as an expat scientist

Blog Archive

Popular Posts