Thursday, April 02, 2009

lunch with Francois

I had lunch with my climbing buddy Francois, and it was great tallking about past and future climbs. He is planning an ascent of Rackham le Rouget, and I am really envious.

I saw a few familiar faces in the cafeteria, including a secretary at the IBS with the thickest accent imaginable. In my interactions with her, she always seemed to be yelling. When I countered with my cunning blank look of incomprehension, she would yell louder and finally leave in a huff. Trying to understand her was like a non-american trying to understand Sgt. Maj Sixta from Generation Kill. Not easy, and a little frightening.

I climbed in the fricking GYM today. Mon dieu! At least I was able to keep up with the young'uns at A blok for a while.

No comments:

life in Grenoble, France as an expat postdoc
life in Grenoble, France as an expat scientist
life in San Francisco, CA as a biotech nerd life in Grenoble, France as an expat scientist

Blog Archive

Popular Posts