Thursday, June 21, 2007

Wegmans

After a late start, we headed to Wegmans with Jon for a late breakfast/early lunch. Chloe had told me about Wegmans before, and the delicious cookies and food that they have, but I was a little skeptical; it's a grocery store after all! However, after a few meals there and having wandered around the store, I'm definitely a convert: they have good food and excellent produce. The only strange thing was the lighting, which seemed to be on 50% power.

After a spirited game of Wii bowling and tennis, Jon, Amy, Chloe and I headed to the Syracuse baseball stadium to watch the Sky Chiefs play the Braves. I had never been to a minor league game before and really loved it; it was so much better than any Major League game I've ever been to. The size of the stadium and the higher error rate are a big improvement over huge megastadiums and perfect hitting and pitching.

Things were looking pretty good for the chiefs until the Braves hit a grand slam followed immediately by a home run. I wasn't too bothered however, since I was given an ample supply of peanuts and hotdogs.

No comments:

life in Grenoble, France as an expat postdoc
life in Grenoble, France as an expat scientist
life in San Francisco, CA as a biotech nerd life in Grenoble, France as an expat scientist

Blog Archive

Popular Posts