Thursday, September 07, 2006

kiteboarding third

I went for a little after work session today, and things were going very well until I looked around and noticed that I was one of only a handful of people left out on the water because the wind had died! Thankfully by really milking the kite I could get within 100 feet of shore, but I couldn't make the beach landing. There have been some near-accidents at third due to people flying or landing their kites over the path, so I flew my kite out over the water, dumped it and self rescued. What I didn't realize is that the mud is *extremely* deep and I was postholing up to my knees just to make any progress towards the beach. Amazingly my lines weren't a total rat's nest on shore


here are the google maps versions colored By speed and by distance

No comments:

life in Grenoble, France as an expat postdoc
life in Grenoble, France as an expat scientist
life in San Francisco, CA as a biotech nerd life in Grenoble, France as an expat scientist

Blog Archive

Popular Posts