Saturday, August 19, 2006

3rd ave kiteboarding

I tried out my dream board today: the Underground FLX. As usual I hadn't adjusted the foot straps very well, but man can that thing eat chop. It felt like I needed to edge a lot harder than my gigantonoob board, but I imagine that that's just a necessary step in getting better. After a few futile attempts to switch the board for my own I ended up with barnacle shredded feet, so I rode downwind to the cove, where Chloe was waiting for me with my other board. I was definitely happy and grateful to have her there today supporting me: 3rd ave still feels pretty rough to me. I did manage a few small jumps of waves and stayed upwind for a while. Unfortunately my GPS was too shielded under my impact vest, so I don't have a trace to show today. However, Chloe took some photos of me boarding


here's me getting in with the Underground FLX 128 in tow:


then some random other shots




The good news is that even in somewhat higher winds than I am used to, my kite (Cabrinha Switchblade 12) performs well enough in its detuned (lower knot) setting.

No comments:

life in Grenoble, France as an expat postdoc
life in Grenoble, France as an expat scientist
life in San Francisco, CA as a biotech nerd life in Grenoble, France as an expat scientist

Blog Archive

Popular Posts