Thursday, April 07, 2005

Life Aquatic

we saw it yesterday in Versione Originale. It was playing at our neighborhood original language theatre ("La Nef") on what would have been a really impressive home theatre, but was a rather disappointing movie screen. The show was at 6:00 pm, so the only people there were other americans and crazy people. Anyway, I was expecting something a bit different, but I really loved it. Steve Zisou turned out to be less Carl Spackler than I expected and more Bill Harris. There were plenty of great lines: "Everyone gets a Glock!", and I also liked the Blue Velvetesque difficulty in establishing the time frame (Flat screens and Glocks vs. Owen Wilson's 50's pilot character). I also loved the Seu Jorge Bowie covers.

No comments:

life in Grenoble, France as an expat postdoc
life in Grenoble, France as an expat scientist
life in San Francisco, CA as a biotech nerd life in Grenoble, France as an expat scientist

Blog Archive

Popular Posts